View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:54 AM   #9
Stitches29
My Little Magwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeysue
Okay I sent her another email and asked her what was seriously going on. Was she sending the puppy or not. I told her I didn't even care at that point if it was a fraud I just wanted to know if he was coming!

Well she said that she felt so bad and that it wasn't a scam and that she wanted to send him but could not afford the customs charge of $200. She also gave me her phone number to call her to get it worked out.

I just don't know if I believe her now. The puppy is coming from Nigeria (she used to live in L.A.). Has anyone ever shipped internationally? Was there a customs charge?

Abby
I hate to say it, but "Take the Loss". Overseas transactions are very hard to enforce. Many companies in the U.S. are now using overseas collection agencies to collect bad debts. The reason is that overseas operations can do and say anything and nothing can be done to them. Don't Walk, but RUN away from this. You might chalk it up to a very good lesson learned. I do believe that this person has been baiting you all along. She was intentionally avoiding you to get you to persue her more. It's working and now she thinks she has you on the hook and reeling you in.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!