View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 11:06 PM   #7
LvMyYorki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches29
Just a couple of quick questions. Maggie finished her shots today and can now go to the beauty shop. She's only 4 months old, and really doesn't need a hair-do yet. What is a good age to take them to the beauty shop? I already bathe her weekly, brush everyday and keep her potty area trimmed.

Then for the next question: About how old are they when they sleep all night. Maggie still gets up about 12:30AM. I take her outside to PP and then back to bed. Sure would be nice to get 8 hrs. of sleep.
Even though she doesnt need much from a grooming appt, its good to get her used to the experience. They still can check her anal glands and express them if needed, trim her nails and clean up the hair on her pads, pluck the ears, trim the hair off the back of her hears so they continue to stand. I have them do a hygeine clip around the backside. You have to start thinking now if you want to put her hair up in bows, don't let them use clippers to clean up the hair around her eyes! They shaved Tino's in his corners and its taken forevr to get it to grow out long enough to pull back. I have then scissor cut his face and legs bc I have him in a full coat, but even at 4 months, that will get her used to going to the groomer. I will not leave mine at the groomer bc I have hear horror stories, so either take her somewhere that they will let you wait or that you can watch through glass while they are grooming her. I also bath and blow dry before I take them in. I worry about them catching a draft and a cold at the groomers.

Sleeping... Tino slept all night from 3 months.
LvMyYorki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!