View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #7
jwash
YT 500 Club Member

Default Puppy is sick

I suggest you have your mom count the number of pills remaining in the bottle and see if she has the correct amount after subtracting the doses. If that is ok, I suggest you do not continue to "force" feed (kinda). It isn't all that unusual for a puppy to get an upset stomach. When that happens, I boil white rice and chicken breast and give them a small amount, for a day. This is what my vet suggested and it works. His tummy might just need a little rest. Now, if the pill count isn't correct and he starts to refuse food and water, esp water, keep him hydrated with nutracal and call your vet right away or go to the vet ER. I don't want to scare you, but a similiar thing happened to me with Advil. Anytime Chloe is quiet, I start looking, there she was, under the bed, the stinker had gotten into a child proof bottle of Advil. She licked the sugar coating off several and of course I did not know if she ingested any of not. She acted fine so I called the vet the next morning and she told me I should have acted sooner because of possible liver damage, long term. I learned my lesson on that one. Fortunately, her labs were ok, so she did not actually eat any. However, I trusted my instincts when I could have let it go because Chloe didn't even act sick. I'd rather spend the money and be sure. I never put my purse on the floor anymore either.
jwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!