Thread: climbing stairs
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
tinav
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default climbing stairs

Hi All

My little guy is 6 1/2 years old and healthy too . I have stairs at the side of my bed for my 2 Yorkies to run up and down with out jumping. My little 4 1/2 year old runs up and down no problem (she has short legs also). My 6 1/2 yr old at times has a problem running up the stairs....he kinda has to judge the height of the stairs or hesitates getting his bearings before running or going up the stairs.

Does this sound like anything anyone elses furbaby does or does it sound like a problem in his legs. He has longer legs (but beautiful). I had the vet check him in May during his annual check up and he said he was fine. I was thinking arthritis but he said no. I would say it is the size of the steps but my female who has the traditional shorter legs has no problem and she is even a little chubbier than him. Today he didn't make it all the way up he kinda fell to the side of the step...his legs were kinda shaking like it was a strain on him. I can't tell if the shaking was from falling or if going up the stairs were a strain on his legs.

Anyone????

Thanks in advance.

Tina

Pucci
GiGi
tinav is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!