View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
KimB
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Jackson was my baby

On March 6, my Jackson had a seizure and died in my arms at home. He was only 7 1/2. If I start at the beginning, Jackson was my special baby from the start. Two weeks after we picked him up, we went back and got his brother Jordan. It was like having to opposites. The angel and devil. After a couple of years, Jordan mellowed and Jackson got even more special. We went on vacation and he got so upset because we boarded him, he almost died. To make a long story short, Jackson was never the typical Yorkie. He wasn't brave like a yorkie. He was heavier and had thicker hair. He was the best little friend and his whole world revolved around loving people. We always joked that Jackson would take the little bus to school. When he couldn't jump on the bed, my dad made steps. When he got a little slower, my dad built bigger steps. My husband put at least 20 nightlights to light Jackson's way at night in the new house. Jackson had allergies and was always a little pudgy. His knee started popping and he would sit and stare into space. We thought it was because of the pain so we scheduled a surgery to fix it. Two weeks before, Jackson had his first seizure. When my husband brought him to the vet, he greeted all his girlfriends and they took some blood. Maybe it was low blood sugar, maybe it was this or that. My husband and I both agreed that Jackson couldn't handle a lot of tests and lets fix his knee first. We thought it could be stress related. On that Sunday morning, Jackson had his seizure. I tried to breathe for him. He died in my arms and the last person he saw was his Mama. Did I mention that my dad was making a ramp for him to get on the bed with us? Our Skeeter and Jordan still miss him. They are doing bettter. I still look for my Jackson. I am used to giving out three treats, counting three dogs and having him lick my feet when I get out of a shower. I know that we did everything that we could and he had an awesome life. Thanks for listening.
KimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!