View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #9
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Love Were Gonna Be Grandparets!!!!! I'm So Excited!!!!!!

Hello all, I called Tiffy and Teddy's Vet this morning and they said to bring her in...So I did he felt her belly and said she was gonna have babies, She weighted 11 lbs 6 ozs...I couldn't believe she was that heavy, My granddaughter is 11 lbs 12 ozs...I'll have to get photos of them together at about the same weight!! I ask about an ultrasound to let me know how many she would be having, he said U couldn't really tell that way good, but that with an X-Ray he could count the backbones, but he said he with X-Ray that 1 might be under the other one and that if that is all I needed it for then not to get it. This Vet has had Tiffy since she was born and Teddy since I got him @ 6 weeks old. He ask if Teddy had gotten any bigger since the last time he saw him I said no not really, he said as long as he was smaller (That he is) then Tiffy then she should have no problems. He said that if she did to call him or bring her straight in...I ask about how I would know if she was through having babies, he said she would loose a lot of water when she had her babies and if I thought there might be 1 more then I could feel and I'd feel the baby, he said if I was in doubt then just bring her in & he'd check her out. I ask about getting extra milk just incase she had one that wouldn't nurse, he said try my best to make sure ALL of them got to her, said if there was one that didn't or she pushed one aside run in & he'd give me some and a bottle. He also said to bring her and the pups in before they was 3 days old to have their dew claws removed & tails docked and he'd check her too. How soon after she has our babies can I give her a bath? I have her bed ready now she's moved into it tonight...Oh and he told me if she is putting out a little milk then I think he said (Can't really remember) with in a week she'd go into labor and he told me to take her temp and if it went below 98 then within 12 to 24 hours she'd be in labor. So any thought would be very apprecatied now...I thank U for all the web sites I'm gonna try to read up on them. Thanks for all U're help too. Hugs, Lee mommy to Tiffy and Teddy!
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!