View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
yorky4ME
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love

Hi... I don't know why you would avoid going to the vet. An x-ray will help determine how many to expect and perhaps on how far along she may be. She might not even be pregant... it might be false pregnancy where they have ALL the symptons of a real one. Also... having the vet know you are expecting puppies is a good thing..... cause she might not be able to pass then..... then you will need to go in for a c-section. And sometimes it has nothing to do with the size.... I had a pregnant girl who 2 placentas was tangled inside her. She was in labor and nothing was happening.... we were about ready to run to the vet but my mentor... who is over 20 years experienced, went in with her pinkie fingers to yank a little girl out. It was a lot more complicated than that bit I don't know how to explain it. All puppies and mom did great and already living happy lives. Since this is your first puppies.... no amount of reading is going to prepare you for that moment..... for I remember mine and I was a basket case. You really should have a vet on hand.
And yes... keep the daddy away from the mom when she is in labor. She doesn't need the added stress! Give her some plain yogurt now and you should really have her on puppy food now for all the nutrients. Have the supplies ready now. Get a whelping kit prepared. I think the site you mention is Debbie Jensen's right? It is a great site. I actually flew to Vegas to meet her and her little Gabe before I started breeding.
YT is also a great place for info..... but instead of asking general questions, you should be more specific. There is just soooooo much to know that it's hard to say everything.
But I wish you the very best and I hope your babies are healthy and mom does well. ANd yes... since you don't know the due date... I would for sure postpone your yard sale!
yorky4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!