View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 AM   #9
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

Default I don't think you are a whack job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy
Before you think I'm just a whackjob, I am a yoga instructor. I also have allergies and daily I use a Neti Pot. Been using it now for two years, if I forget one morning, I feel the difference during the day. It is a genie lamp looking thing with a long narrow spout. You will with warm water and a special non-idozied salt, pour in one nostril and let run out the other. Then repeat for the other nostril. I know it sounds totally disgusting but takes all of 2 minutes and will really keep the sinus passages clean. Takes care of everything from allergies, helps relieve stuffiness during colds, and signifantly reduces post nasal drip. Do a goggle search on Neti Pot for more information.
For months now I have been seriously considering Yoga as a way to ease my body back into an exercise mode. I have some joint problems now but when I was younger, I was very limber. I bought a DVD and was very surprised that I worked up such a sweat just stretching! Is there a book you can recommend to jump start me? I would love to join a class at the Y but we don't live in town and are gone out of town a lot, I am afraid I could not stick to a class schedule. As far as the neti pot, I am sure they work. My mother in law does that and has told me about it...I was always afraid I would drown myslef! I will definitely do some research on it! Thanks for all your help!
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!