View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
YorkieRini
Livin' La Yorkie Local
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkybaby
As it turns out my 2 year old Yorkie has liver shunt. The acid bile came back with levels of 65. and i think normal is 16. IT got worse after i posted and she started to salvate and just not look like her. I am so confused as she has never been sick ever, never shown these signs and 2 weeks ago she was this beautiful girl and her silly little self. She doesn't even know me right now - very sick little girl. Of course the vet bill is going up, up, up and there is all this grey area of what to do... I called the orginal breeder and of course she isn't backign this up and she quite well known, My kids are torn, they are sad and I feel powerless trusting the doctor. Any of you have experience with Liver SHunt Yorkies please post or email me privately. I live in Canada so i do know about the clinic in the states but i think you have to give up your dog to them and they will do the surgery on her but they keep her. I am trying to find other solutions for now.
She will be on the IV till Sunday or at least at the vet till Sunday.
Scary thing this Liver Shunt and just plain not fair.
WOW. I am so sorry to read this. But thankfully you rushed her in when you did. I had not had experience with LS but others on this forum have. I have seen some happy endings. I'll be praying and hoping for a happy ending for your little girl.

Hugs from Ohio,
Irene
YorkieRini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!