View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

lol, I had that EXACT house built for my Yorkie (only miniaturized) by my friend who is a carpenter and it's IN my house. lol

Yeah, straw is enough, just lay it down so it's about three inches deep and for his size it should cover at least the length of his body. He'll adjust it as needed.

Oh, and before you spend the money, is your dog even the kind of dog that would use this dog house? I would wait until winter comes first before you spend the money!

Here's a solution in the meantime:
If you're dog is crate trained, get a plastic air kennel that is the same size you'd use to ship him in cargo (too big and it'll loose heat). Get a palat (sp?) from anywhere really...Home Depot? Your local grocery? You know what I'm talking about right? and put that near the house on the ground and put his crate on top of the palat so it's raised. Take some straw and stuff it in under the palat (in the hollow part of the palat) and then put straw about three inches deep into the crate. Then you can also cover the crate w/ duty grade tarp, bungee it to the palat and then BOOM, there ya go. Oh, and take the door off the crate and face the opening of the crate so that it won't receive much wind. Otherwise you can drape the tarp so that it covers a touch of over half of the opening of the crate.

If you dog uses this for say a week, then I'd spend the money on buying the fancy dog house. Otherwise you may find yourself buying this beautiful piece of lawn furniture only to discover your dog not using it.

JM2C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!