View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #12
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

You need to teach her sit stay then come. She needs to learn to stay when you tell her before she can learn come. What my daughter does and i'm telling you she is the queen of leash training..she can leash train ANY dog. what she does is she starts in the house...she will hook the leash to her pants and the pup goes everywhere she goes..she starts out with just a couple min at a time and slowly builds up the time..then when she feels comfortable that they are doing good on the leash she takes them outside and walks around the yard. If they try to pull or take off..she immediately stops and DOES NOT move until the quit pulling..then she resumes walking and each time the try to pull or take off she does the same thing..she stops and refuses to move til they have calmed back down..That way they know if i want to walk I can't pull..i have to just walk..once they've mastered the yard then it off for a short walk..then once she sees they are doing good with that she walks them further..each day she would walk just a little bit further..but just start out small..get her used to the leash first and go from there. as far as locking in the closet..you need to be careful with stuff like that..you can make your dog fear you..she needs to respect you and know your boss..good luck..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!