View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #9
yorky4ME
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love

I was able to be home all the time to watch them. I live in NY so the weather does not allow to let them use the doggie door. They had to be trained on the wee wee pads. My girls were trained almost right away. I area trained and allowed them more run when they knew where to go. My maltese boy who was neutered never misses the weewee and squats like a girl. He is awesome. Now....... My 2 yorkie boys are another story. Everytime I see my girls go weewee, I'd make a BIG deal and give them treats. My girls picked up on that so well that they fake peed ALL the time. They will wait to get eye contact and then run to the pads and pee. My boys never picked this up till recently. My boys just started realizing they get a treat if they pee on the pad..... they are both between 2 and 3 years old!
We built a new house in 2002 and I knew having a stud in the house will probably ruin the floors..... and it did. Might have to redo them soon..... but I expected it so it does not bother me all that much.
I tried the belly bands and they just thought it was a game and ripped it off.
yorky4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!