View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #8
mommyof2
Senior Yorkie Talker

He will be three months old on Tuesday! I guess I'll just stick with the crate training. I just feel so bad that he spends all of his time in there. I've been taking him out first thing in the morning, and he'll usually poop and pee right away, then he is in the house playing for a little while (he usually does good and has no accidents during this time) then I feed him breakfast, after he eats he's back in his crate for about a half hour or so and then I take him outside to see if he goes. If he does, then he's out for a little while longer but if he drinks any, I put him back in his crate. If he doesn't go potty when I take him out, then he's back in his crate and I take him out every half hour or so until he does go potty. It's during that time that I feel he is in his crate so much. Because sometimes, he will go for a couple hours after he eats and drinks without having to go potty. I just feel so bad keeping him in the crate during that time, I mean, if he doesn't have to go when I take him out, then he doesn't have to go. I feel like I'm punishing him or something. (I have never used the crate for a punishment).
URRRR...I would just love to have him out all the time! Since he's in his crate so much right now, when he does get let out, he goes berserk because he's so full of energy from being in his crate, that we don't get to really love on him or snuggle him, he just wants to play!
Melanie
mommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!