View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #6
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

How old is he? If he's young it might be too early to expect much. I trained 2 boys at the same time and had no trouble. Jo was about 9 months old when we brought 4 month old Riley home. I was using the crate to train Jo and he was doing fine so we used the crate with Riley and left a wee-wee pad down for him to use if he needed it. We installed a doggie door for them and they took to it immediately. I lock the doggie door at night but I leave a pad on the bathroom floor just in case...it hasn't been used in a couple months but I still put it down. Both of our boys are neutered but they never marked before that so we never had to use belly bands. Sure, we cleaned up a few accidents along the way but that's to be espected...we've been comfortable leaving both of the boys out to have full run of the house and no accidents for several months. I had never crate trained a dog before so these were my first 2 and I actually like it. Yes, at first it does seem like they're in it all the time but as they grow you can work up to keeping them out for longer periods of time to cuddle and play. I'm glad mine are crate trained...it makes it easier when we travel or have to stay in a hotel. Good luck with your baby.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!