View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Lucy
Well I have a small child and a Yorkie with 2 old larger dogs... My little girl is very respectful since my Yorkie Lucy is also considered one of my babies ( she came first). Since I am a stay at home mom I supervise every move any one takes ...there has never been an issue where my yorkie has been mean or that she has been hurt/taunted, annoyed etc in any way. Lucy goes with us everywhere and loves it. I love animals and I teach my daughter too to love and respect them. I know I may be a minority but there are good, caring , responsible and watchful parents out here. I know you are not saying there aren't but it does make it difficult for us. I also would never ask for a Yorkie that is 3lbs or anything (Lucy is between 6-7lbs) I want them to beable to go out to the park together and play fetch with my daughter and I. The sad thing for me is, I want another Yorkie some day too and feel that it may be really hard and discouraging to get one from any breeder. I want to get a top of the line yorkie with champion lineage...etc..I just worry that I won't get a fair chance....I wonder how many othes with Yorkies have kids under lets say 5yrs?
Lucy's Mom,
Children who are born into a pet family are taught from the start how to respect and treat animals. They are also more likely to be better with pets than those who have a pet introduced even at age 5. I'm not saying a child 5 years old can't learn, because they can. It's all about how the children are raised. I wouldn't hesitate to sell a yorkie to you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!