View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

First of all, WELCOME TO YT!!! Now, down to the issues at hand...since you bought him from a pet store, I'm going to assume that you know nothing about his background. You haven't seen his parents or his grandparents. Just because a dog is "cute" doesn't mean that it should be bred (not that you have stated this). Have you had him tested for any genetic issues...liver shunts, heart conditions, have you had his knees checked for luxating patellas, etc.? There are so many factors to look at. Your best bet is to find someone to mentor you that can steer you in the right direction.

Secondly, you haven't sent in his papers. Once you do, you need to also purchase a pedigree that you can get from AKC. This will determine if your dog comes from a pet pedigree or may have champions in his background.

Price. Pick of litter is a very high price to pay for an unproven male. There are champion studs out there that one can purchase services from for as low as $500...CHAMPIONS.

If any of this sounds rude or hurtful in any way, then I apologize. It wasn't meant to. I'm just trying to tell you what you can start to look for. Best of luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!