View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Athina
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeivette
Hi there! I have a male yorkie that weighs 8 pounds. I am looking for a female yorkie. I was told that he would kill a small pup when trying to mate. I'm really scared about this. At first, I wanted them to mate but now I'm not to sure. How will I keep them apart then? I dont want him hurting his future sister. Please help! I really want a female to keep him company but I'm now scared that he will hurt her. Thanks in advance!
Trying to breed an 8lb male Yorkie to a smaller female is very dangerous. The stud should always be smaller than the female. Even though 8lb Yorkies are very cute they are over the Yorkie size standard. Some breeders breed a larger female Yorkie because it's less of a risk of complications during birth but i have never heard of a breeder using an 8lb stud
I agree with the previous posts, just get him neutered and pick out a bigger female from a litter. Your going to have to watch your boy at the start with the girl pup because there will be a size difference. I wouldn't leave them alone at first until she gets a bit bigger. Just put one of them in a gated area or different room when your not home or can't supervise them.
I can't wait to see pics.
Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!