View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
Took Gidget for a ride in her new booster seat. She actually laid down and took a short nap. She put her front paws on side of seat and looked outside. Am going to raise the seat until I get it to the right height. Don't see how a dog larger than Gidget (5 lbs) would be very comfortable in the large size. She had room but no room to spare. Best purchase I have made since getting her 2 years ago.
I said the same exact words lol. Best investment I ever made. My boy is a rescue, he was 2 1/2 yo when I adopted him. He was not use to cars, when I took him home he threw up in the car. The next day I drove one hour to a friend to surprise them with my new baby, he threw up twice going and coming home, so I knew it was car sickness.

I was not a happy camper knowing he could never come in the car as my girls always did. My vet gave me pills to be given one hour before he went in the car, I never used them. 1-many of my short trips are spur of the moment. 2-I just cannot see drugging my dog to join ME on a short or any trip. So he only went in the car for vet visit and groomer and always got sick. He HATED the car. Then I saw members on YT discussing booster seats, well, you know the rest of the story. I now have a pup that LOVES car rides, no more car sickness, this kid sits in his booster seat like a king sitting on his thrown. He's 12 pounds, he curls up for naps but he's not cramped. His seat is appox. 4 inches below the window, since he's a bigger boy he has the height to see out of all the windows.

Happy to hear Gidgets first trip in her booster seat was successful. Would LOVE to see picture.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!