View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #7
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
My friends Yorkie puppy started having seizures after his 1 st puppy shot.He is 8 weeks old.She is the breeder of this puppy
He is at the regency vet right now.They r keeping him.Could it be from the shot?He was fine before the shot.All other pups r doing good.Any help would be helpful.She doesn't want to.loose this precious baby.
Twister, now my son and I (not as severe as him) DO have nasty reactions to shots. No-we aren't dogs. I had one mild seizure to my vaccines at four. I can't even grade it since I wasn't taken to the Doctor. My son now, he had a grand mal seizure with his first rounds of shots, and continued to have seizures and other issues until what happened happened. So, in my personal experience, yes- yes you CAN have seizures from shots. However LadyJane said something else that you should take into consideration. I hope it was just a reaction and nothing bad. I do know for peace of mind that my little chews is given benadryl after her shots. I can't be sure Lovestodream is on to something or not, but I BELIEVE my vet said something about steroids, too, since she left the room and spoke to someone last time. According to her she was asking if the low dose of steroids chewie takes would react. I can't be 100% because we spoke at length about her steroids and I might be mis-remembering it. I know I'm not much help, but I hope I helped give you some peace of mind.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!