View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:10 AM   #1
Trini
Yorkie Talker

Default New member...first post.

I have owned 4 very special Yorkie girls over the past years, all were rescues. *Emmie was our first, 15 years old when we adopted her and sadly she only had 3 months with us. *She was blind, deaf, had seizures and we soon learned that she had a brain tumor. *In spite of all this she was such a joy for the short time we were blessed to have her. *Then came Cilla The Elephant Killer, she was 13 when we adopted her and tested positive for Cushing's. *Cilla had originally been a puppy mill dump, then a neglectful home before she came into rescue...the only person she let handle her without biting was me...but with me she was deeply loving and happy for almost 19 months before her quality of life declined to the point where the only loving choice left was to let her go. *After Cilla came Mitzi, 12 years old when we adopted her and an ultrasound shortly after we got her showed her to have cancer that had spread throughout most of her body...she was not eating and in pain and we had to again make a heartbreaking decision.

After losing 3 sweet Yorkie girls in under 4 years, I knew emotionally that I needed to find a little one that would hopefully have much more time with us. *My Pixie was only 6 months old when we adopted her. *Her first family dumped her because she had started to nip the kids in the family who had been allowed to severely mishandle her...so they decided she was a nasty dog and no longer any fun! * It took Pixie many months to learn to trust humans, but once she did she was the most deeply bonded and loving little dog I have ever had. She was 100% a Mommie's girl. *Last month, at just over 12 years old, my little Pixie was dx'd with two tumors, one on her left adrenal gland (Cushing's) and a large mass above her left kidney. Pixie had struggled with multiple serious health issues all her life but with our wonderful vet's care she always pulled through...she loved life so much and was such a tough little fighter against all odds. *Sadly this time she couldn't win and last month, only 3 weeks after the ultrasound that showed the cancer, we knew we had reached the end. *I feel as if a part of me died with her. Pixie was always right by my side or snuggled in my arms. *I know time will slowly dull the sharpest edges off the pain and hopefully life won't feel so empty, but right now reaching that time seems impossible. *We do have other dogs, Pommie mix and Sheltie, and I love them dearly, but their bond is not as deep as my Pixie's was...she was truly special...she was my heart.

I look forward to reading stories of all the loved Yorkies on this board...maybe someday I will be ready to open my heart to another little Yorkie lass and then have new stories to share too.

Trini, Pixie's Mom
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!