Thread: Dog flu?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #102
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Sorry, LOL, I did catch that after I hit the ‘submit’ button. I thought that puppies lose their maternal antibodies according to how much colostrum they ingest so not all pups are equally protected in the same litter.

https://drjeandoddspethealthresource...6#.WoZrqMpOmhC

As for titers, more work needs to be done like standardizing the procedures, etc. I was only going to do it to see if my immune-challenged dog was capable of making any antibodies, not to skip vaccines or anything like that.

As I said above, not using titers a guide for vaccination, but to see if my dog actually produced antibodies from vaccines, hence gleaning more info about the state of her health and to be able to use that info to make better decisions concerning her treatment.

Right... not enough evidence to prove or disprove associations. Too many variables, and reporting procedures need to be standardized.
Ok that is different, I though you meant in the place of vaccines which is why most people do them but I didn’t even think about that way. All the studies I have read say any shots before 8 weeks are useless and that a puppy vaccinated before then will need 4 sets of puppy shots instead of the 3.

Last edited by Lovetodream88; 02-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!