Thread: Dog flu?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #91
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Not a big fan of there’s. I’m sorry you feel you killed her but I’m sure you didn’t. 2 weeks between surgeries and vaccines is fine. There is no treatmeant for the dog flu but they can die and develop secondary infections that can also kill them so if you take your pets out and live in the area effected it is a good idea to get the dog flu shot. With bordatella sure it can be treated but it can take over a month to treat and multiple antibiotics which also can negatively effect their immune systems too. It can also cause secondary infections that can again cause great distress and even death. Lyme isn’t really curable either and can also be deadly. My vet does not give shots when they are sick and that’s why they do a wellness check up before giving shots. I differently think sick or sensative dogs definitely need different precautions or a different vaccine plan I think it’s not very common. I am a huge fan of vaccinations and get all available for me so as long as they are safe for my puppies I will do the same. Callie can not afford to get sick with her compromised immune system so she needs to be protected and can’t have her siblings bring anything home to her either. I’m just not willing to risk their life’s when they can be vaccinated for things that could kill them. Vaccines are safe and necessary with dogs who do not have issues with them and are generally healthy. It’s very difficult to “break” an immune system. I saw some of the cases of not vaccinating in my vet assistant classes and it’s scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
You links say you can start vaccinating at 6-8 weeks old but that’s not true, science has shown that and vaccines before 8 weeks are useless. Also titers are useless as well.
Once again, we can agree to disagree. I doubt you even looked at the links. They are on the Mercola site but they reference Dr Shultz’s work and findings, which are well worth considering when wanting to know about vaccines. I also choose them because they are easier to understand than the more scientifically based articles available online.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!