View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
Rachael1983
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
So it's okay to use human stuff occasionally? And temp high, blow low..."burrito her up in a towel" I'm laughing out loud now!!
So I technically don't know the answer to this question. I've always used it on Emma because that's what her breeder used on her dogs. I've not seen any negative issues from Emma in regards to her coat or skin. I don't use it near her eyes and I will usually wipe her head with my hand and when rinsing her off I protect her eyes from streaming water in them.

I'm not sure what products our Groomer uses but its dog related I'm sure.

I have used some dog shampoos on my past dogs before and Tropiclean is one of my preferred brands as it doesn't leave a residue on the coat and the dog usually smell amazing after. I do like the Cloud Star Buddy Wash as well, and I've used it on Emma a few times but she gets oily after a few days with that.

Perfume sprays I'm a fan of bath and body works sprays (yes its human) but she smells awesome after and the dog ones I use are Buddy Wash Lavendar and Mint and my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE even over the bath and body works is a spray called Miss Claybone! I have used that forever and it lasts a long time and doesn't make the coat oily or dry.

So because I use a scented spray at the end, I do try not to have a perfum-ey shampoo or conditioner. So I will match whatever I wash with to the spay I use.

Bath time, I do brush teeth, but I leave the nail clipping/dremeling to the groomer and vet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!