View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #15
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzer617 View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here. I am about to get a yorkie baby to be my new best friend and give me lots of loving! I just got approved for an emotional support animal and I was looking for a baby girl. I reached out and put in an application with Clover Hill Yorkies for a possible puppy in the spring. Susan Dodge from Clover Hill promptly saw my application and went out of her way to email me. She informed me that she had no puppies expected until spring, but basically that she would never sell one of her puppies to anyone who "claims" to need an emotional support dog and that it was a con. I was extremely shocked and insulted! I couldn't believe she could judge me so quickly for no reason! It showed me her true mentality and how she must truly feel about all our VETERANS with PTSD and anyone else who she may not relate to. Very disappointed
I don't know what it means to be approved to have an emotional support animal...unless you are talking about the letter that a doctor can write so you can take you pet places with you. That is very different from needing a trained service animal. I think that was posted above.

I can only say what we do in rescue. We do our best to place pups in situations that will suit them...they are always our first consideration. If a home is good for them, then the adopters will also be happy.

I cannot speak for the breeder except to say that she has a right to sell her puppies to whoever she pleases; and, I would hope when she said no to you it was because she was looking out for the welfare of her puppies. I personally look for people to adopt to who are looking to care for a pup, not the other way around. Not that I don't think it is wonderful for a pup to be support for someone....but, the pup should always come first. I don't know what all of this has to do with her feelings towards our veterans and PTSD.....there are trained animals for that purpose. If you are a vet with PTSD, I would encourage you to try to get one that is trained. Yorkies are terriers and not all of them want to be put in bags and traveled with.....getting a puppy that you want something from could backfire. I urge you to look at older pups from perhaps a rescue that thoroughly evaluates their pups....OR if you qualify for a service dog, maybe one of them??
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!