View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #13
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Barking

I feel for you with Lucy and her watchdog ways. I have the same issue with my boy who responds to so many noises and I assume smells. He feels he owns the area in which we live and protects us from all comers. He goes so crazy and runs around the house, there is no stopping him, even for the food he loves! I have not tried the collar but tried treats and the mist spray, to no avail. All I can do is try and ignore him until he chooses to settle down. It is not only noise as a person walking by will evoke the barking with no noise.
Luckily I live in a situation that does not annoy neighbors, but don't know what I would do if I lived in an apartment etc. We can't stay in hotels with him as all who walk by set him off and that is not tolerated!
When there are fireworks outside, I did get some success with a very loud TV music channel, but that does not always work. So I am grateful for the advice given so far and for any other ideas you may have.
I have learned some things on TV that annoy him and can be fast on the mute button, but new things I have no cure for!
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!