View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:44 AM   #9
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyGoosey View Post
We’ll agree to disagree. Lucy is over 15lbs, anyhow, and my trainers who have trained military and police dogs for just as long as you have do use the eCollars. Besides, you don’t stim them to hurt or punish them. You only stim them AFTER they have learned the skill and it’s usually incredibly low voltage just to remind them when they get distracted.

Different strokes for different folks. But I guarantee you it’s not fear that Lucy’s expressing with the collar. I’m sure you know your own dog’s emotions and I’m sure you know how you’d feel if a stranger on the internet were trying to tell you what they meant without knowing anything about you or your dog except a single fact of type of collar you use.

Anyway, I’m not here to evangelize eCollars.

Leaving a TV on is not out of the question, but the random barking happens at any hours and often while we are home watching TV. She’s a good guard doggie. Yes, she may have the separation anxiety bark/shrieks when we leave, but a TV wouldn’t do anything about that.

And you’re right, the suspicion bark is only for a few seconds so it’s really not THAT big of deal, but it’s enough times during the day that neighbors COULD complain and we’d be forced to deal with it at some point.

Anyway, I appreciate your input, but we should steer clear of the shock collar debate. That’s like talking about abortion or religion or Trump/Obama/Hillary. Best avoided, at least when it’s clear we’re on opposite sides of view. Have a wonderful day!
Maybe shock collars were once used for police training but not now because they have determined positive training works best. I feel so sorry for your pup. Shock collars are just not the way to go and in most cases it is a lazy way of training and positive reinforcement gets much better results with out killing the spirit and personality out of dogs. It’s just a shame people resort to that method. Dogs love unconditionally so it’s a shame for their owner they love so much to cause them pain.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!