View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Jkpal
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Well I and many other disagree and your facts are off. Police dogs are trained with positive reinforcement my trainer trained police dogs for over 20 years. Even trainers will tell you there are rare situations that shock collars are needed. They also are not made for dogs under 15 pounds and are very very dangerous. The reason she goes nuts is because she doesn't want to be shocked. Positive reinforcement is the way to train not beat or hurt the dog into doing what you want. Punishing a dog for their only way to to speak and communicate is wrong. If she only barks for a minute its really not that big a deal and she is doing what dogs do by alerting you. White noise machines do work if its just a small sound or disturbance that's why TV and stuff are left on for dogs when home alone.
I leave tv on to muffle sounds if Piper has to stay home and if I'm home with her, I'll often briefly turn up sound on tv so she doesn't hear (therefore bark at) post person or such walking by... Pipe below--Hey, did anyone else hear that...?!
Attached Thumbnails
Barking when suspicious - all hours :( Help!-yfstlcute.jpg   Barking when suspicious - all hours :( Help!-5607ff5646d1b20ab5b2d8e8a6550ac3.jpg  
Jkpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!