View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyGoosey View Post
Well, I appreciate your concerns but I’ve had wonderful luck using the shock collar. I don’t plan on using it for discipline or punishment though so it’s pretty much out of the question for barking - at least until I do more research. Besides, if it’s good enough for the police and military, it’s good enough for my dog. She loves it, anyway. As soon as she hears the jangle of the clasps she goes nuts with excitement. A well-behaved/trained dog is a safe dog is an alive dog is a happy dog. I don’t agree that shock collars should be dismissed wholesale. But I know a lot of dog people feel that way. Hell, a Border Collie forum I’m on will ban you if you even mention it. Some people.

Anyway, thanks, but I’m still looking for advice and help. Noise machine doesn’t help. She’s got hearing like a dog She’s hear through the noise machine.

I can’t be the only one whose dog does this around here, right?

(PS I’m only calling it a “shock collar” for shock value. My trainer would scold me all the time for calling it that. It’s an “eCollar” and you don’t shock them, you “stimulate” them lol)
Well I and many other disagree and your facts are off. Police dogs are trained with positive reinforcement my trainer trained police dogs for over 20 years. Even trainers will tell you there are rare situations that shock collars are needed. They also are not made for dogs under 15 pounds and are very very dangerous. The reason she goes nuts is because she doesn't want to be shocked. Positive reinforcement is the way to train not beat or hurt the dog into doing what you want. Punishing a dog for their only way to to speak and communicate is wrong. If she only barks for a minute its really not that big a deal and she is doing what dogs do by alerting you. White noise machines do work if its just a small sound or disturbance that's why TV and stuff are left on for dogs when home alone.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!