View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyGoosey View Post
My beautiful 3-year-old Yorkie/Silky mix Lucy is generally well-behaved. She’s even a therapy dog for visiting patients in hospitals (Facebook @LucyTheHappinessDog).

My main issue with her lately, especially since we live in an apartment, is her loud, spontaneous bark when she suspects something. It can be any time of day and she’ll wake from a dead sleep, pop up off the ground, and charge the front door barking and howling. It only lasts a minute or so, but it’s still VERY loud and no mount of calling her name or trying to calm her helps. Sometimes it’s preceded by a few seconds of suspicious ‘gruffing’ as I call it. I’m sure you Yorkie owners know what I mean.

So is there a fix other than a bark collar? Is this just their nature and nothing to be done? Curious of others’ thoughts and experiences. Thanks!
Whatever you do, don’t use a bark collar the shocks the dog that is cruel and not good for their little body’s. If it is quiet when this happens maybe try a while noise machine to block out what she hears.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!