View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:08 AM   #23
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Something that smells like home if your baby don't like to go anywhere EXCEPT home. We bought a red brick to have Prince Charming start wetting against as he refused to go for over 12 hours when we went to my sister's place once. I had to carry him to the backyard when we arrived home. He wet for almost 3 minutes [timed it]. Prince Charming needed to know it was good to go where he was at as we were traveling across country. From California to New York area. Can you imange the problem of not going for 7 days?!!! Poor baby boy.

I also began feeding him in the car about 3 weeks before our trip. He learned the car was a safe place to eat and sleep. He had his special pillow as well as his chew toy with him every time we practiced going into the car. His food bowl was brought back into the house so he learned that wherever his bowl was it was safe to eat there. I left food in the bowl the entire trip just like at home. He had problems with keeping weight on so the free feedings were vital to his health. Also he never was car sick as we started out doing short trips [the length of the drive the first week back and up] then down the street and back [less than 1/8 mile]. Then around the cul de sac at the end of the road. Each time coming right back home. Then one day we went to town with grandma holding him when I went into the store. We drove home and the next week we continued going to the stores. When we left for our big trip he decided his place was on grandma's lap and that's how we traveled across country and back. Trip took 2 weeks to New York and one week home as we stopped along the way going but not so much coming. Never had a problem staying at red roof inn as they are 100 percent pet friendly. Never stay anywhere else.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!