View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVcaM View Post
Okay, so it doesn't work. IF I lived in an area that had snow and owned a dog that needed to use an outside toilet... I would think strongly about making a covered dog-run that kept the snow/water outside of it so my dog could do it's business and stay clean and dry. But I live up by Sacramento, CA where we only get tons of rain and my Yorkie uses pee-pads for her business. So we only go outside for exercise & fresh air when it's not raining. Just sharing what I know.
Not everyone own their own homes where a sheltered potty area could be made. For 35 years living in NYC raising 8 puppies, all were walked in all kinds of weather, they had rain coats for those days. On snow days when streets and sidewalks were salted I would carry them to an area that was salt free, then carry them back home. Where there is a will there is a way. I now have my own home, so no more worry about salt. Back then they didn't have the booties they have today. You have to start them very young to get use to wearing them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!