Thread: Itchy puppy
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 03:59 AM   #25
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
I have a friend who has a tiny Chiwawa puppy, only 4 months old. Had her first puppy shot, had a bad reaction, swollen up etc. I don't remember all the details but I do know that when it came time for the second shot and they told the vet what had happened with the first one she said that she was very tiny and that it was too big a dose for her so they cut down on the dose. I have another friend that had a very bad reaction to a puppy shot. I just know that we won't have any more shots unless we know they are not vaccinated. And that would take a titer test from what I understand. I talked to one vet and it is not the law that you have to vaccinate for anything but rabies. So I guess each owner has to make their own choices.
Parvo is very dangerous so I choose to do that every 3 years and that is not over vaccinating. My boy Joey had a reaction to his puppy shots he got extremely lethargic and would scream in pain if you touched him any where. Vaccines are very important though so he gets Benadryl before and then pain meds the day of and the day after and we have had no issues when we did that with his 1 year boosters. Titers are not reliable this has been stressed every where and was stressed significantly in my vet assistant classes. I would never be able to live with myself if my babies got something I could have vaccinated to prevent especially if it were to kill them like parvo. I also love taking my babies out and about to many many things. Yes it is each owners choice I just hope educated decisions are made.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!