Thread: Itchy puppy
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #22
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
I have a friend who has a tiny Chiwawa puppy, only 4 months old. Had her first puppy shot, had a bad reaction, swollen up etc. I don't remember all the details but I do know that when it came time for the second shot and they told the vet what had happened with the first one she said that she was very tiny and that it was too big a dose for her so they cut down on the dose. I have another friend that had a very bad reaction to a puppy shot. I just know that we won't have any more shots unless we know they are not vaccinated. And that would take a titer test from what I understand. I talked to one vet and it is not the law that you have to vaccinate for anything but rabies. So I guess each owner has to make their own choices.
Yes, they do....and I pray you make the right ones because the consequences can be deadly. Distemper and parvo kill. I posted a link above that discusses vaccine guidelines that are based on real scientific evidence.

As to a vet cutting the dose of a vaccine...that is wrong on SO many levels. I find it difficult to believe a vet would do such a thing.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!