Thread: Canagan
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #6
Snoopy2017
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
You should leave the baby on the same food the breeder was feeding her until she has adjusted to her new surroundings. This baby has many adjustments to make, she is leaving her mom, litter mates and human mom, coming to a strange home with strangers, new surroundings, smells, sounds, schedule, many adjustments for a wee lil girl, what you do not want to do is to upset her stomach with a change of food. She may not eat right away because of new surroundings, what you don't want to do is make eating harder for her by changing her food. When she has settled in and you feel you want to switch her food do a slow transition.

I am not familiar with Canagan so cannot offer an opinion. Hopefully others have had experience with it.
Hi Matese,
Thank you so much for your concern, I really appreciate it.
Off course I wouldn't give it to her right away. It must be very difficult for all the little babies to leave their save place and everything they know. Actually when you think about it, it's really sad. They'll never see their (dog)family again.
We've had 3 Yorkies already (18, 17 en 11 years old when they died).
She will get all the space and time she'll need to adjust before we"ll give her (bit by bit with her normal food) a different type of food.
You really should look at Canagan. It's from England (they sell it in Holland as well) and it's one of the best!!
Love
Merel
Snoopy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!