View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #67
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNERO4 View Post
Everyone is quick to judge and boast about which foods are best, especially when their "best" is what they feed their pups. There's unfavorable readings on ALL those brands of food, be it on nutrition analysis, ingredient sourcing, ect... It's up to each owner to decide what they feel comfortable feeding their dogs.
Food is a very controversial topic here. I learned a lot about it in my vet assistant classes and have used that to help mold my opinions. I have a dog with IBD and before she was diagnosed with it I tried every type and brand of dog food and it never helped. She was put on a prescription food and that fixed the issues. Something that is important to think about with the limited ingredient and grain free food is they are all made in the plant together so they all come in contact with each other meaning there are still probably some grains in the grain free food and some of the ingredients your trying to avoid in limited ingredient foods and for most dogs that are healthy with no issues that's fine. But for other dogs it might not be. When we bash certain ingredients people get it in their head that those are terrible so if their dog gets sick the first thing they look at on the prescription food is ingredients and then refuse to feed the food and their dog suffers sometimes extremely . I am not trying to bash your food of choice but help you see some of their issues. We have had several people on here buy blue buffalo and their bag seemed to have more life source bits and their dogs got very sick so when they called the company they said that happens all the time and that means it's a quality control issue. We had another member who worked for them and said straight out they care more about their advertising then the food. With their lawsuit like most company's they paid it off and continue to do the same thing and not change anything because it's easier. Something that's important is a lot of these companies don't do feeding trails to make sure that their food does what it's supposed to and a lot of them don't staff vets. Royal Canin does so that makes me feel very safe with them.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!