View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
May_22
Yorkie Talker

Sad I don't know if I got scammed

Hello to everyone that might be reading this. I apologize ahead of time if this post is too long or hard to understand, but I am currently in a situation not knowing what to do and I need to share it.

First of all, I live in Honduras, Central America, so in legal terms, there is not much I can do to hold people accountable or be compensated for anything.

Yorkies are a very uncommon dog bread in my country. I've been wanting one fot the longest time and I've had to be very patient to be able to find one. I have a male cocker spaniel that is like a son to me, so I've been looking for a female Yorkie because I think it would be a better fit for my alfa male son. A couple of months ago I contacted a person that posted an ad, but he only had male yorkies, so I decided to pass and wait till I found a girl. This guy even dropped the price for me to take the male, he sent me pictures of the pup, the parents etc. i decides to pass.

I finally found an ad for yorkies being sold. They told me they only had one male left when I called. I said I wasn't interested in a male and left it at that. Later that day they contacted me and told me they had a female yorkie for me, but she was in a different city and that they could have her delivered to my city.

They sent me pictures of the puppy and asked for a deposit so I could reserve her. I paid for the deposit and after that they said that they would get her ready to send her by bus to my city the next day, but I had to pay the full amount before they sent her off. I agreed and asked for more pictures. They sent me the pics, but in these, the dog looked a little different, shorted her and thinner snoutc I called the guy and asked why she looked different and he said it was probably the angle and lighting of the pic, that it was the same puppy from before. I let it go, deposited the full amount and had the dog delivered to me.

I waited the whole afternoon for the puppy to ger here, it was a 5 hour trip. When I finally get her I notice a different looking puppy. She was definitely the puppy from the last pics they sent, but different from the ones I had seen previously. At first I was having doubts on wether they lied about her age, because this is a very small dog that looks about 5 weeks old, and doubt if that is the reason why she doesn't entirely look like a yorkie and more like a yorkie-chihuahua sort of mix. But after browsing the internet and asking around, everyone is telling me that she looks mixed.

I texted the guy and he assured she is pure bred and that I can get her pedigree in a few months. He proceeds to send me pics of the dogs he claims are the parents and guess what, its the same pics from the guy I had previously talked to a few weeks ago and only had male dogs. So, I text the guy and told him the story and asked if he was in any way related to the people that had sold me the puppy. He told me that he had nothing to do with the puppy, that the dogs they claimed to be the parents were his dogs, but that that puppy was not one their dogs. He sent me more pics and videos of his dogs and told me he was upset that someone else was using his pictures and advised me to report them in several forums and facebook pages and ask for my money back.

I texted the guy that sold me the puppy and he said that he assures me the dog is purebred and that I shouldn't worry. But that if I was unsatisfied he was going to solve the issue, though he didn't specify how exactly. He said he would call me tomorrow and that I should please take care of the dog in the meantime (as if I wasn't going to do that &#128580

So now, I'm here with this little puppy that went through a horrible 5 hour trip just to get to me, and I feel horrible. She is cute and lovely, but I paid a lot of money and waiting very long for a purebred yorkie. I'm really upset at how irresponsible this people are. I don't know if the puppy is purebred, but why the fake pictures?? Why would anyone do this? What should I do? I don't know if I can commit to keeping the puppy when she isn't what I paid for, but can I really just send her back like she is a defected item. I feel horrible and I hate this people for making me feel this way.
May_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!