Thread: Crate Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #12
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hah, being without philosophical certainty is a certainty here, so you're in good company !

The "wolf den" theory you read about in different places is much different than a crate. Wolf dens are safe havens - and are open to coming and going; crates are cages, confining, can cause feelings of being trapped. HUGE difference. So, we can't really correlate those 2 things like people assume we can...totally different experience. 1 is forced; 1 is not at all -- incomparable.

There are many ways to keep a puppy safe - it does not in any way require a crate - that's just an opinion out there. It's not a fact. People even build things from scratch for their puppies that are phenomenal. There are lots of avenues to safety. A crate is just one, and it may not work for your puppy or be best for its well being.

You really just have to get to know *your* puppy and understand what it's trying to tell you....whether it's telling you "I'm anxious" or "I'm peaceful...I'm doing okay, Mom" -- it's all there in their actions . Listen to what they're trying to tell you, and let that be part of your guide on your path of Puppy Momdom.....

Best of luck !
Save
Save
The issue is you really need to try to get your dog used to a crate because if they have to stay at the vet for any kind of surgery even just for the day they have to stay in a crate and it can be really hard on them if they aren't used to it.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!