View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #45
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'd hate for those who are 'for' certain brands of dog kibble to be offended by those who are 'for' raw diets. I think this discussion is very interesting - especially to hear both sides. And, I do believe through skeptics and questioning is how we can learn more. That's the one thing if not anything they teach in school, no matter what level of education. So...let's not all get too defensive!

I agree with you mimimomo, "Raw food is actually not a 'trend' but it's been around longer than kibble". Haha..

Through skimming through a bit of history, Kibble was originally produced as a source of convenience and then as a way to cut costs, and then more research was done later on to make sure it was healthy for the dogs too. Right now with the wave of going back to raw diet, I think it stems from human's desires to be more conscious about our own health and the ways of a Paleo unprocessed healthy diet. We're so fortunate now that we don't need to eat out of cans to survive anymore!

And agreed, Wylie's Mom, it's sad that the fact of the reality is that most large institutions are sponsored by the large corporate companies. Behind the scenes, a lot of the time it goes back to money. The people within that system, sometimes are never aware.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!