View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:03 AM   #39
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Vets don't get kick backs on dog foods. If other brands out there like wellness, and so on put the research in their food like Royal Canin and Hills I am sure that vet would be thrilled to listen to their educational stuff on their food but the fact is they don't. Royal Canin, Purina, and Hills are the only ones willing to put the research and money in to make their food great (in my opinion). They also are the only ones to research the right food for certain health issues and prescription food has saved many dogs lives. There is so much that goes into dog food other then just ingredients. I think food is important but I think the biggest issue in my opinion is over vaccinating and I think that is seriously effecting our dogs quality or life and how long they live. I wish we could get more research into this and how long vaccines really work because I think its longer then 3 years but its such a slowwwww process.
Taylor, I'm not sure what you're talking about here bc it's been know for years and years now via the AAHA publications and others that the vaccines *do* last way longer than 3 years. It's been highly public that the "3 years DOI" was absolutely a compromise to the vet community -- that it was done / agreed upon even though DOI is known to be 7 years+ to a lifetime.

Look at Dodd's and Schultz's stuff and you'll find it all there

This is why for so long, so many of us have said over and over - no need to vax your dog for dist/parv after age 7 or so. It's precisely bc of the DOI data that clearly reports DOI is 7yrs+ --> lifetime.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!