View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:02 AM   #14
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella2017 View Post
I wondered the same thing. They said Rabies in two weeks. That would put him at 3 months old or so. Would that be right? I think my Labrador was 5 months when he got his..I forget it was long ago.
On Healthypets.mercola.com it says that there is a huge potential conflict of interest about the Heartworm. that it is an overuse of potentially toxic medications sold by Pharmeucutical giants like Bayer Healthcare, Merial, and
Pfifer. which are virtually money making machines for drug manufacturers, online retailers, veterinarians, and any other entity that can find a way to cash in.
When there's money on the table, in this case billions of dollars, your pet's health and quality of life can quickly become a secondary concern.
And BTW, Heartworm 'preventives' don't actually prevent your pet from getting worms. What they do is poison the larvae at the microfilaria (L1-L2) stage of development, causing them to die.
This information is NOT intended to minimize the need to protect your dog, but ONLY to point out the actual potential for Heartworm disease is less than you've been led to believe by financially motivated marketing campaigns designed to scare pet owners into buying 12 doses per year, year in and year out, regardless of where you live.
Florida, Texas, and the Gulf States need the 12 month preventative doses. everywhere else it should be six months. This is how all my dogs live very long lives.
For example, I don't ever take a flu shot and I'm not young. I've never had the flu.
Add to this list of "yours", Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, need 12 month heartworm preventive med . Where there are mosquito's, there is potential risk of heartworm disease.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!