View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Every dog needs heartworm prevention. Heartworms are transmitted through mosquitoes. The mosquitoes bite you dog an infect them with microflera the heartworm prevention kills that microflera but if you don't do that monthly the microflera will grow into worms in your dogs heart and the treatment when it gets that far along costs a lot of money and can kill your dog and if it doesn't it can leave them with lasting heart issues. What did they give your for heartworms? If your going to be taking him lots of places I would get the bordatella (kennel cough) because if he gets it, it can last well over a month and require multiple rounds of antibiotics. Mine have gotten if every year and my oldest will be 10 in a month and have never had any issues with it. We do the nasal one. Mine like the freeze dried liver treats at petco or petsmart they come in a tub and we cut them smaller and they love them. His testicles could still drop but they might not which will make neutering him a little harder but really isn't to big of a deal. A lot of doctors offices aren't going to be happy with a dog coming in so you need to be prepared for that. It is also better to get him used to staying alone now then when he is older and I know this first hand. I'm not a fan of topicals like frontline because my girl does not handle them well so I use nexguard.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!