View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 04:58 AM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by channeltool View Post
I found this website, is this a legit site to purchase puppies or are this breeders just paying for an ad.

Yorkshire Terrier Puppies For Sale Near Caldwell, NJ - AKC PuppyFinder
I cannot say if they pay to list their puppies, what I see is they have NO web site, no listed information on parents. You have to contact the “breeder” for any information. I see they are centrally located except 2 in Philly.
A reputable will let you come to see their puppies, see the breeding pair, see where the puppies are kept, are they raised in a home living situation, they will not let the babies go to buyer until puppy is 13 weeks old, between 8 weeks and 13 weeks old is a very important time in a puppies life. In this time the momma is teaching her babies biting inhibition, what is acceptable soft play biting and hard rough biting is NOT acceptable, which will make the potential buyers a lot happier.
A reputable breeder will have given the puppy their first puppy vaccine at the proper age.
A reputable breeder will offer you a good health guarantee against genetic defects and will be there for you for the life time of the puppy, meaning any questions you may want to ask AFTER you buy your puppy the breeder will always try to answer any questions you many have.
A reputable breeder should be concerned who they are selling their puppies to, such as your knowledge about the yorkie breed, your home living situation as far as safety for their puppies, and should be asking you as many questions you will be asking them. Not just take your money and wish you “good luck”
A reputable breeder will have the Momma on the premises so you can see her, the Sire may not always be available if the breeder used an outside stud.
A reputable breeder will have started to pad train the puppies.
This is just the tip of the ice berg “so to speak” . These breeders are kinda local for you, easy to go and visit, see the puppies, see how they live, what their living conditions are. Hopefully other members will chime in with other suggestions of questions you should be asking when looking to buy a puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!