Old 10-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #4
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
You may have already found this article written by a vet:

Rimadyl: The Controversy | petMD

She writes about how lowered dosages of Rimadyl or alternative NSAIDs are prescribed for long term use when there is evidence of effect on the liver.

With Eddie's liver function values trending positively back toward the normal range, maybe lowering the dose and frequency more would be beneficial. It would also depend on whether the med would provide him the same benefit at those lower levels.
Thanks for the replies Yeah, that's what the doctor suggested. He said I might go a week without any medication at all, then the next week do it once a day. There's so much information out there, I've also read that you need to hit a certain threshold of the drug in their system before it does any good at all.

I think I'm gonna keep him off for a couple weeks and see what I notice, then maybe use it only as needed to manage instances of specific pain.

It's just so scary knowing it's affecting his liver when all I'm doing it for is pain relief.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com