View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
BlumoonYorkies
Yorkie Yakker

Default Reluctant stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanief
My stud just turned 5 yrs. I have owned him for 2 yrs and he has never had trouble breeding until about 1yr ago. I thought he was just being picky and then didn't use him for awhile. I just tried him again and he gets it in but then pulls out and walks away. He keeps trying but nothing happens. The bulb at the end of the penis never gets big and he can't tie. I bred the female to my other stud and he had the job done in 2 secs so it's not that the female wasn't ready. I am concerned at this point that there is a health problem now with his prostrate or something. any ideas? I am going to call the vet and bring him in for a check. Like I said he wants to breed but can't tie or finish the job, and nothing is coming out of his penis when he pulls out. sorry to be so graphic.

There could be several things going on here. Have his semen checked doing an antirobic culture as well as a micro plasma check as weell as cutring the sheath. Usually this only happens in older dogs, wanting to not perfrom. Have you tried artifically doing the insemenation?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!