View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
migualla
Yorkie Yakker

Default Oprhaned Puppies

Hello, I was told to repost this here in the breeders section. I originally posted this in the nursery. I am needing advise about what to feed 3.5 week old puppies? Here is the other thread;

Hello all, I havent posted in a while due to computer problems. That is the least of my worries though! Last Friday March 3rd we were out in the yard and Shelbie was attacked by a fox that had gotten over our 6 foot privacy fence. We have a wood pile on the outside of the fence and we think it went over there. We were right there and we couldnt get to her fast enough. I rushed her to the Vet and she passed away there. We are devastated and sickened by this and I still cannot get the image out of my mind. Some of you may not agree with this but Hubby killed the fox! We took it with us to the Vet incase he wanted to send it off for rabies tests. He didnt send it off he said that Foxes are known to be predators like this.

Well as you all know Shelbie has delivered puppies on Feb 10th. The puppies are not yet a month old and the Vet gave me milk replacer. Well I have set and cried at every feeding. This is sooo frustrating. I have bought ever nipple known to man and have finally found one that works pretty well. My question is what kind of puppy mush can I make for them? The Vet wasnt worth a darn at helping me there. They are fat and looking good but they dont have any teeth yet that I can feel. They are pooping and peeing on their own without any help from me Yeah! I have been taking what is left over in their bottles and putting it in a bowl and offering it but they just fall in it or dunk their whole head in and about choke. They went to the Vet yesterday and he said they look really good and to not worry so much but it's really hard not to.

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!!

Migualla
migualla is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!