View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #13
jilwilliams
Yorkie Yakker

Default I Take My Hat Off To You For Being A Caring Breeder

I just wanted to thank you for being a caring breeder -

I have been volunteering for an animal rescue for 10 years [not dogs] and some of my friends have been rescuing for over 20 - many, many people in rescue do not believe in breeding dogs, cats, etc. -

But this is NOT the problem -

The problem is rampant careless breeding - I currently have two Yorkies - both rescues - another rescue passed a few years ago - all three were parti and all three have health issues prior to "old age" -

Name something and I have probably dealt with it - teeth issues, collapsed trachea, cushings, diabetes, dry eye and blindness [two dogs] - and I could name 3 or 4 more issues but you get the idea -

My dad got two Yorkies [yes he is straight] about 8 years ago - both were rescues and we suspect they were puppy mill puppies - one we put down because of cancer and the other is a black and tan and doing well besides mild teeth issues -

As a side note between the two of us we use four different vets - we each have one Western vet and I use two different vets who practice [Eastern] TCM - Traditional Chinese Medicine for animals -

I buy the best food for all the dogs as I feed my dad's dog too - I cook for them too -

I live about 20 minutes away from the Chi Institute [teaching institute for vets and the #1 vet in TCM on the planet owns and run it] I take my dogs to Chi when the clinics allow for small dogs - both of my Eastern vets trained at Chi and one teaches at Chi -

Expenses aside, and having said this, nothing replaces good quality breeding and I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is to find out your dog has diabetes OR on a Saturday she can see and on Sunday she cannot as my vet warned me she would be blind soon - all three of my Yorkies are aging quicker than they should and it is not due to lack of care on my end -

The cost of a puppy or adult dog from a quality breeder will actually SAVE you money in the long run - as the dog will age normally and not have early onset health issues -

I'm not wealthy - I can't be - I have rescue dogs!!!
jilwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!