View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 12:45 PM   #455
Zeus is Loved
YT Addict

I neutered my baby at 6 months after a lot of research and long discussion with the vet. He also explained that most of the research was on large dogs and was much more harmful to them (based on what he had seen as a vet of over 30 years). As far as alternatives, I think that would depend on where you live as well. Some of us in smaller markets are not privy to the same things as bigger markets. That being said, my friend has a Shorkie and he was awful. They did not want him fixed. He would hike and pee everywhere (even in their son's XBox One) -- this after much money spent on training. He was also very aggressive toward people in general. The vet said the only choice was neutering. He is a totally different dog now. Still hikes some but has cut back, but the aggressive behavior has completely stopped. I guess everyone's story is different. Finding out that my baby had LCP Disease and needed FHO surgery very late and after a second opinion, I am glad there is no chance of him passing that wretched disease on to another baby -- even though I do not let him roam; there is a chance of anything happening in this world.
Zeus is Loved is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!