View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #13
Bitsy
Ultimate Banner!
Donating Member

Oh, I am so sorry for you and your sweet daughter. I can only imagine the guilt she feels. This in no way really compares, but when I was about the same age I had a hampster that I forgot to feed and she died...she was two years old (ancient for a hampster) and if I think about it too much, I still feel really bad. And that was completely avoidable. What happened with Pebbles was an accident. I remember just crying and crying and crying. If I felt so much guilt and grief over my hampster, I'm sure your daughter feels much worse. Please remind her that it was not her fault and could have happened to anyone. I will be extra careful with my Sophia and make sure my son and daughters hear about this story and are extra careful too.

Your story brings tears to my eyes....because I feel so much for your daughter. I'm really glad you got Toby. That is the best way to heal the pain. I didn't get another hampster....I didn't trust myself. It was like 7 years before I got my cat (Arnold) and she is 12 now. I'll never forget to feed an animal again!!!

Sorry so long. Sending loving thoughts out to your family.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!