View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 05:54 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Your Better Understanding = Better Protection For Your Dog

Summary

Because vets have been slow to adapt to newer research showing long lasting immunity and the deleterious effects of vaccination, the onus is on you as a dog owner to understand the immune system and how to protect your dog not only from infectious diseases, but also from vaccine-induced and autoimmune diseases.

This guide should give you the tools you need to work with your vet to reduce the number of unnecessary vaccines your dog receives – or to find a vet who is more open to this research.

It is also possible to avoid vaccination altogether. Some pet owners would rather assume the risk of infectious disease like Parvovirus than the risk of cancer or other diseases that can impact both the quality and length of life of their companion animals. Titer testing unvaccinated animals often shows protective levels and is a testament to the power of the immune system in healthy dogs fed a high quality diet.

Understanding the science behind vaccination is a first and vital step toward providing your dog or puppy a better chance at good health.

Please Note: This course discusses only the core vaccines: Distemper, Adenovirus and Parvovirus. Although Rabies vaccination has shown a similar duration of immunity, it is required by law in all states and some provinces. Non-core vaccines like Bordetella, Lyme and Leptospirosis are bacterin vaccines and have a very different impact on the immune system. Lyme and Leptospirosis vaccines are also reported to present a higher risk to dogs and are less likely to protect than the core vaccines, which is why there are considered non-core vaccines.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!