View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Interestingly, as worthless as Skeptvet and some others espouse, the Hemopet test was right on for us. 4 months after the IgA and IgM reaction significance was addressed we were in a MUCH improved place, and the items it flagged were not anything we would have thought - they were more remote.

One important thing we learned was that many pet food manufacturers have items in their food that they are not listing. Their feeling seems to be that it is so unimportant or miniscule that it won't matter -- not true, of course, but you are on your own to make the discovery. Lots of time spent on the phone and with research labs to get that done, but was worth it in the end, although wasn't so sure when in the middle of it.

Once we were really able to eliminate the items the test flagged everything got better. Wylie'sMom was in the 4 month ball park it took to really see the difference.
Actually, I'm glad that the Nutriscan test worked for you. Dr. Dodds has not published any data on the test or conducted controlled studies to prove whether or not it works, so that is a source of frustration for veterinary professionals. The test *could* work--it just hasn't been proven, and all we have to go on is anecdotal information. From what I've read, it works more often than not, so if my Bella had a food sensitivity, I would be willing to give the test a shot. It *is* easier than months or years of food elimination trials. The test isn't cheap--it's $280. If the OP has the money for the test, then it's something to consider. The website is here: NutriScan Food Sensitivity and Intolerance Test for Cats and Dogs

If you do have the Nutriscan test done, follow the steps for taking the sample *very* carefully--you don't want to contaminate the sample or get too small a sample and waste the money you paid for the test. And of course report back to us on whether or not the test worked for you.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!